Shrimp and Avocado
- 227 g (1 bag) of Fruits de mer du Québec shrimps
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- 4 strawberries
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 green onions
- 30 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw the shrimps before peeling them. Drain them, then sponge them off with a paper towel.
- Finely chop the cilantro, then dice the avocado. In a bowl, mix 1/3 of the cilantro, the diced avocado, and freshly squeezed juice from the limes. Set aside.
- Then, chop the strawberries, the jalapeño and the green onions.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl — shrimps, remaining cilantro, strawberries, jalapeño, green onions, olive oil, salt and pepper —, and mix well.
- Use a cookie cutter to shape the tartare into mounds, avocado mixture at the bottom, topped with the shrimp mix. Top with the garnishes of your choice, and serve with ciabatta croutons. Enjoy!